Monday, August 07, 2006

Layover I

The flight from Logan to JFK was uninteresting. I slept through take off and most of the flight, so maybe something interesting did happen, and I just managed to sleep through it. I woke up during final descent and got an aerial view of the very wealthy beach communities just north of JFK. Someday I want a house built on stilts in a marsh where the only people who can get to you also own 100,000 dollar boats. I think that would be an excellent way of life. A bit difficult to get packages, perhaps, but I don't imagine they get too many Jehovah's Witnesses snorkeling up to their doorstep. As we waited to deplane, I idly watched the baggage handlers remove two crates with live animals from the cargo hold, and was immensely amused when a cat's paw reached out through the grating to scratch the unfortunate guy peering in to get a look at it. The victim dropped the crate and yelled while his baggage buddies laughed hysterically. Though I couldn't hear from the cabin, I imagine they then had a brief conversation about the degenerative effects of a jet engine on a cat, and how such a tragic accident might well be explained to the vicious animal's owner. It probably made me happier than it should have, but then, I haven't slept much lately.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home